I dedicate this recipe to Kak Paa & KI whose been craving for my sandwich in such a long time. Haha. Sorry dear..been quite busy [hah alasan lagi]. I had actually made this for Prof L and my classmates. Everyone loves it! Thanked God.
2 in 1 Sandwich
Ingredients for homemade meat patty:
- 450g lean minced beef or chicken
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, half ground, the other half thinly sliced
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Ingredients for mushroom and cheese:
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 medium-sized white button mushrooms, sliced ½ cm thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps minced fresh oregano OR 2 tsps dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup chicken stock / can use chicken cubes in warm water
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 85g sliced Cheddar cheese
- 4-6 slices of multigrain/wholemeal bread
- Green Salad / Japanese cucumber
- Slices of tomato
How to do it?
- In a mixing bowl, combine minced meat, egg, grated onion, garlic, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Shape into thin patties.
- Heat a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry the meat patties till cook on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Put aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, stir until soft and beginning to brown.
- Add mushroom, bell pepper, oregano, and pepper. Stir fry and cook until the vegetables are tender about 7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low; sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Stir in chicken stock and soy sauce; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and lay cheese slices on top of the vegetables. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a clean saucepan, place slices of wholemeal bread, butter side down. Cook each slice of bread until golden brown. Put aside.
- Place butter, salad/cucumber, tomato, meat patty and last but not least mushroom and cheese. Serve hot immediately with extra fresh fruit salad.
Enjoy the sandwich with your love ones.. :)